David S. Joseph
- 40+ yrs of experience commercializing medtech/pharma
- Co-founder of 4 companies with successful exits (IPO, M&A)
- Multiple past and present board positions
- Chairman and CEO of Othera Pharmaceuticals (2003‐2010), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on treatments for ophthalmic diseases
- Co‐founder, President, CEO and Chairman of Orthovita (1999‐2008), an orthobiologics company (IPO in 2006; acquired by Stryker (NYSE:SYK) in 2012 for US$350 million)
- Co‐founder, President, CEO and Chairman of Surgical Laser Technologies (IPO in 1989; acquired by Photo Medix in 1992)
- Co‐founder, President, CEO and Chairman of SITE Microsurgical Systems (acquired by Johnson & Johnson Corporation (NYSE:JNJ) in 1983)
- Prior to entrepreneurial career, over 15 years of executive healthcare management experience
- Past and present board appointments include two successful acquisitions: Animas Corporation, a diabetes insulin pump technology acquired by Johnson & Johnson for approximately US$515 million in 2006; Morphotek, a privately held biotechnology company acquired by Eisai Pharmaceuticals for approximately US$325 million in 2007; and Allevi, a 3D Bioprinting company
- MBA in Healthcare Administration degree from Xavier University
- BA in Business Administration from Kings College
Mr. Birk is currently Managing Partner at Sun Mountain Capital and has over 20 years of experience as an operating executive and investor. Mr. Birk co‐founded Sun Mountain Capital in 2006, a private equity firm focused on the Southwest and Rocky Mountain regions in the U.S. MBA in Finance from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago.
Mr. Miller is President of Miller Strategic Consulting, LLC, a consulting practice that invests in and actively participates in the management and development of start‐up companies. He has co‐founded some fifteen start‐up companies. MBA in Finance from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago.
J. Chuck Morrison
Mr. Morrison is a Global Business Development Executive with a successful track record negotiating and executing acquisitions, licensing deals, partnerships, and distribution deals.
Mr. Morse is a Managing Director of Liberty Venture Partners, which he founded in 1996 following several years as a Principal at Philadelphia Ventures. He brings a proven track record of successfully managing the growth of early stage medical technology and healthcare IT companies. MBA in finance from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Mr. Morse is a CFA charter holder.
Lisa Danzig, MD
Dr. Danzig is Co-founder and Managing Partner of Amicitiam Partners. Dr. Danzig served as Chief Medical Officer at PaxVax following 18 years with Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics and two years as an EIS officer with the CDC. Dr. Danzig received her medical degree from Oregon Health Sciences University and completed residency and fellowship training in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases in San Francisco.
Mr. Thomson is a former director of Panorama Capital Corp. (TSXV: PANO.P) and has nearly 40 years of experience in the securities industry, as a lawyer, regulator, investment banker, Vice President with two securities dealers and an entrepreneur. Mr. Thomson has been the founder or co-founder of a number of capital pool companies.